Heidi Pitre is an artist originally from New Orleans and currently residing in Kansas City, MO.
Just a southern girl fumbling her way through the Midwest.
awards & press
- 2020 East Austin Studio Tour Fellowship Recipient
- 2019 Webster Art’s Works On Paper, Best of Show, “Grapes of Wrath,” St. Louis, MO
- 2019 Austin Artboards Top 10 Finalist, Austin, TX
- 2018 Capacity Building Grant, City of Austin, Austin, TX
+Member of the Mississippi Art Colony
- 2017 Scholarship Award Recipient, Mississippi Arts Colony
- 2015 Studio on Front, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
+Navasota Artist in Residence, Navasota, TX
- 2014 Mississippi Arts Commission Fellowship Recipient
- 2013 Escape 2 Create Residency Recipient Seaside, FL
- 2012 Mississippi Arts Commission Minigrant
+Inaugural Show at the Cedars – Best of Show, “Her Flame Was About to Go Out,” Jackson, MS
- 2007 Pollock Krasner Grant Recipient
+Warhol Grant Recipient through the Mississippi Arts Commission
Wayne Alan Brenner, The Austin Chronicle, November 11, 2021.
Signature Magazine, December, 2020.
The Austin Chronicle, September 28, 2020.
WBTV interview-July 10, 2020: Click here!
The Killeen Daily Herald article-February 4, 2020: Click here!
A Moxie Girl-December 18, 2019 interview: Click here!
The Suburban Forager-June 25, 2019 interview: Click here!
Les Femme Folles, Women In Art-August 15, 2015: Click here!